NOTICE OF INTENT TO AWARD SOLE SOURCE
The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), Environmental Management (EM) Consolidated Business Center (CBC), intends
to award a contract to Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc on a sole source name-brand basis. The Office of Environmental
Management is sponsoring Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity’s 2023 Conclave event to recruit highly qualified applicants from
The authority permitting this sole source acquisition without full and open competition is prescribed by FAR 6.302-1,
only one responsible source and no other supplies or services will satisfy agency requirements. The DOE/EMCBC will
procure the following:
- Full page color ad in the events (souvenir) journal.
- DOE logo placement on all signage and listing the front of the events (souvenir) journal as a sponsor and
listing in all press releases as a sponsor.
- Video presentation of no more than two minutes that can be used at the opening of the conclave. To be
included in the video history of the Conclave.
- Prominent placement in the Sigma Exposition to market, interact, and pre-interview with all attendees and
- Six complimentary registrations with reserved seating at all Conclave functions.
- DOE logo link on the Phi Beta Sigma website for nine consecutive months beginning on the day following the
date of contract award.
This notice serves as a Notice of Intent to award a contract and is not a request for proposals or quotations. No requests
for capability briefings will be considered. A solicitation package will not be posted publicly and requests for copies of
the solicitation in response to this notice will not be honored or acknowledged. A determination by the Government not to
compete this proposed action based upon responses to this notice is solely within the discretion of the Government.
Information received will be considered solely for the purpose of determining whether conducting a competitive
procurement in the future would be in the best interest of the Government.
Responsible sources that believe they can perform these services in their entirety must submit a written notification of
interest and capability statement by 5:00 PM (Eastern Time) on June 07, 2023. All information submitted should support
the firm’s capabilities to provide all the required services and shall be furnished at no cost or obligation to the
Contracting Office Address:
550 Main Street, Room 7-010
Cincinnati, Ohio 45202
Primary Point of Contact:
Chris McFarland, Contracting Officer
Alternate Point of Contact:
Brandon Meckem, Contract Specialist
- Page Last Updated