Human Resources Advisory Office
MissionThe EMCBC HR Advisory Office staff is the local HR presence and includes HR Business Partners (HRBPs) who work in a consultative capacity to provide strategic human capital advice and guidance to all levels of management and other designated local and remote customers in analyzing workforce issues and proposing solutions to HR matters. The HRBP serves as the primary HR point of contact for their program or serviced population(s). They possess the requisite competence to develop new insights into HR issues or concerns and develop expert-level recommendations of innovative methods and strategies to resolve problems. These HR professionals have full technical responsibility for independently carrying out complex studies and projects involving human capital program development for their serviced population(s). They work in partnership with the appropriate SSC HR Specialists and Assistants to deliver seamless HR operations. The mission of the HR Advisory Office is to provide human resources management services to the CBC and customer sites to ensure availability of appropriate staff to support EM's accelerated cleanup and closure mission.
Human Resources Advisory Office Services Include:
- Providing guidance to managers in developing and aligning local human capital/workforce management plans with their organizational goals and objectives.
- Developing and implementing appropriate workforce management strategies in collaboration with Program leadership to recruit, develop and retain a highly skilled, diverse workforce capable of supporting the Program’s mission.
- Supporting Managers through the end-to-end hiring process including collaborating to develop the position description and job analysis of the vacancy, ensuring the vacancy announcement and candidate qualification process is completed accurately and timely by the SSC, assisting during the interview and selection process, advising on the compensation package associated with the job offer, monitoring the status of the job offer from the SSC to the candidate, coordinating onboarding paperwork between the new employee and the SSC, and advising on orientation of new employees to the workplace.
- Providing advice and quality assurance on the performance management program, including rewards and recognition, to leaders, supervisors, and employees.
- Advisory services for key HR functions like Learning and Development and the Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
Human Resources Advisory Office Useful Tools:
Recruitment & Placement
The Department of Energy Participates in E-Verify
Special Employment Programs
- Federal Employees Health Benefits (FEHB)
- Federal Employees Group Life Insurance (FEGLI)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long Term Care (LTC)
- Separating Employees
- Thrift Savings Plan (TSP)
The EMCBC offers a wide variety of training opportunities including Classroom, and Self Study programs. Log on to the CHRIS Course Catalog to view the list of available courses.
Especially for New Employees:
- Worker's Compensation Program
- Hatch Act
- Standards of Ethical Conduct - Policy Memorandum #93
- Electronic Official Personnel Folder (eOPF)
- Separating Employees
- Applying for Retirement
- Retirement Publications
- Reasonable Accommodations
Grievance and ADR Procedures
Hours of Work, Pay, and Leave
- 5 CFR 630, Absence and Leave
- Pay and Leave Administration and Hours of Duty
- Preventative Health Screening Policy
- Leave Without Pay Information Sheet
- EMCBC Voluntary Leave Transfer Policy
- OPM 630, Application to Become a Leave Recipient Under the Voluntary Leave Transfer Program
- OPM 630a, Request to Donate Annual Leave to Leave Recipient Under the Voluntary Leave Transfer Program (Within Agency)
- OPM 630b, Request to Donate Annual Leave to Leave Recipient Under the Voluntary Leave Transfer Program (Outside Agency)
- EMCBC Work Schedule Form
- Family Medical Leave Act
- Pay tables
- Eligibility for Civil Service Retirement System (CSRS) and Civil Service Retirement System Offset (CSRS – Offset)
- Eligibility for Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS)
- Approvers Instructions
- Employees Instructions
- Professional Credential Reimbursement Form
- Professional Credential Reimbursement Procedures
- Q & A for Professional Credential Reimbursements
- Group Training Request Form
- Employee Performance Management and Recognition Desk Reference
- Monetary and Time-Off Award Approval Form
- Thank You Program - HOME
- DOE Strategic Plan
- DOE Human Capital Strategic Plan
- EMCBC and Small Sites Workforce and Success Plan 2015 - 2020
- EAP Services